Ms. Primlani is one of the most prominent social entrepreneurs and comedians in the United States and India. She grew up in Delhi, India, and received a Masters degree from UCLA in Geography, Urban Planning and Law. She has been the founder and Executive Director of the award winning non-profit Thimmakka’s Resources for Environmental Education, US, and has served as the Director of the Ecotel brand of green hotels in India. She has conducted numerous workshops, training, and speeches for the environmental and business communities in the US and India.
Ms. Primlani has been a guest lecturer at the: Michigan State University, University of California Berkeley, University of Southern California, Bennett College for women, University of San Francisco, Pathways School Gurgaon, Sriram School Delhi, Delhi University and various national and regional environmental conferences.
She is the recipient of the following awards: People’s Green Award November 2012 Airtel Delhi Half Marathon R4 w Sustainability Champion University of San Francisco April 2009 w 35 Under 35 Business Women World Business Magazine London October 2007 w Stand On A Better World Award Environment Category Mannington Nov 2006 w PG&E Energy Efficiency Leadership Award Nov 2006 w Northern California Innovation Award California Association of Non-Profits Sept 2006 w Leader to Leader Institute’s (formerly the Drucker Foundation) Nonprofit Innovation of the Week for August 2006 w Environmental Power List, 50 top people in environmentalism in the US, Organic Style 2005 w Top 40 Business Leaders Under the Age of 40 East Bay Business Times 2005 w Global Ashoka Innovators for the Public Social Entrepreneur fellowship 2004 w National Volvo Hometown Hero award 2004 w San Francisco Bay Area Hero award 2004 w U.S. EPA Environmental Achievement Award 2003 w California Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award 2003 w Special Congressional Recognition from Congresswoman Barbara Lee and Senator Barbara Boxer 2003 w National Environmental Leader Fellowship 2003-04 w Indian National Scholarship on Merit 1993 w Ruby Christian Role of Honor for highest moral values. St. Thomas’s 1990.
Topics Ms. Primlani speaks to:
Environmental and Businesss Issues
- Developing a Green MBA
- Greening the Business Industry
- Environmental Metrics in an Economic Yardstick
- Internalizing Green
- Green Comedy
- How to Green your Restaurant/ hotel; Green hospitality in India
- So you think you are green? A primer in environmentalism
- Green Careers for Students
- How Green Is the United States?
- How Green is Your City?
- How can YOU help the environmental movement
- Solid Waste Diversion in Businesses
- Energy Conservation and Businesses
- What is Pollution Prevention?
- What is stormwater management?
- What is water conservation?
- Ethnic Minorities and the Green Movement
- How to reach traditionally underserved audiences
- Marketing Environmentalism: How to Sharpen your Message
- How to Make More Money being Green
- Environmental Impact Measurement
- The Precautionary Principle
- Cradle to Cradle
- Body Image and Self Image
- Communicating with alternative communities
- Boundaries in the workplace
- Non-offensive, non-defensive communication
- Gender Equity
- Eleven Delhi schools bag green award (indiavision.com)
- Carbon Management Infographic (savewithies.com)
- Green states to get more funds as Planning Commission rolls out incentives (dailymail.co.uk)
- 10 Things to Consider When Searching for a Green MBA Program (triplepundit.com)